Today started very early for us, we left our house at 5:30am for Xavian's MRI at Children's Hospital. This early departure would have been challenging normally, but it was extra challenging this morning because Dante had been up throughout the night. He's got pink eye and a double ear infection. Cassie got a migraine late last night, but the medication she took last night and this morning didn't work, so she's been vomiting most of the day and is now pretty much immobilized. I went to the urgent care clinic in Trussville last night because I felt horrible and found out that I have strep throat. Xavian, surprisingly is the healthiest of us all right now.
Xavian's anesthesia went well this morning and the team was able to get all the detailed pictures they needed with the MRI. We waited for approximately an hour before our doc came in with the results. We all slept the whole time. The results of the MRI showed a significant decrease in the residual tumor. Doc told us that it looked like most of the tumor was gone and that she was pleased with how it looked and how he looked and it was all good news. She also talked to us about a possible procedure for removing fluid from a small pocket where the tumor had shrunk into protein type matter (or something like that). It's something they expect, but sometimes they feel it necessary to remove some of the fluid, but not all of the fluid. That part was a little confusing, so we'll have to do some research to get further clarification. Doc seemed upbeat about everything and said that she didn't know if we would start the next round of chemo next week or if we would do the procedure to remove fluid next week. Our nurse practitioner will call us and let us know in a few days.
I've had a ton of text messages and calls, but I haven't really been able to respond to anyone, but just know that we really appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers, and caring. It means a great deal to us and it makes a difference, there's no doubt about it.
Dante is feeling much better today than he was yesterday, so he went with his Nana to Montevallo for the rest of the day and tonight, so that Cassie and I could get some rest since we're both feeling pretty rough. Xavian has been a wild man since we got home and is now resting, so hopefully Cassie and I both can take a much needed nap and start feeling better.
Thanks again for all the prayers. There is still more work to do, so please continue to pray for healing and strength.
The good news is very refreshing!!
6 months ago