Monday, March 16, 2009

Headache Anyone?

The weekend was brutal. We had a very fussy boy. Daddy was here most of the time while Mommy spent quality time with Dante. Late Sunday afternoon, Cassie relieved me until this afternoon. It went down hill from there, for Cassie at least. She had already started getting a headache earlier in the day, so she was already worried. For those of you who don't know, Cassie suffers from frequent migraine headaches. Well, later Sunday evening she got a bad one. She began vomiting and became very weak. I was at home with Dante feeling very helpless. I started calling friends to help. Ultimately, I was able to get Kym on the phone and she basically dropped what she was doing and came to Xavian's room. When she arrived, Cassie was in the bathroom vomiting and Xavian was being attended to by two nurses. He was also vomiting. I felt guilty for not being here and as I've had to do many times over the past two months, I was forced to put my pride aside and let someone help us. Kym was up most of the night with Xavian and according to Cassie slept in a rocking chair for a little while.

Today has been an easier day. Xavian did very well for Cassie today. He nursed regularly. His nutrition IV, for lack of a technical term, has been reduced considerably. His white blood cell counts are steadily on the rise, namely his Neutrophils, which are the ones that fight infection. Cassie said that he was playful today and smiling. What a blessing!!!!! The doctor said that we might get to go home this week, which would be an absolute blessing at this point, because three weeks straight in a hospital room (not counting the one day at home) is starting to wear on our family. My mom will be here this week to help out, so that will be provide a few much needed breaks. Hopefully, it will allow us to get a little bit of rest. I've had a headache for four straight days now, but I'm hoping that will go away soon.

Please pray that if it's in God's Will, that we go home this week. I don't want anything to happen that's not in God's Will, but I promise not to complain a bit if His Will involves us going home ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Poor Cassie. I'm glad that you were able to find help! Don't ever be too prideful to ask. That's what friends and family do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a friend of Troy and Victoria's. I got your link on their site. I am praying for your whole family. ~Ani

    ReplyDelete